[Mailman-Users] Some Mail Lists not receiving messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 7 03:42:04 CEST 2007

Jim Coberly wrote:

>We worked through the steps on Mailman FAQ 4.78. Troubleshooting: No
>mail going out to lists members and did not find anything to explain the
>problem.
>
>We have now discovered that e-mails directly the a member list also do
>not deliver.
>
>What else can we check or read to help determine the cause of this problem?

So you have some, but not all, lists that don't deliver and you have
gone through FAQ 4.78.

Since some lists are working, only steps 2, 6, 7 and 8 of that FAQ are
relevant. (Well, maybe step 0 too, but the permissions issue would
have to affect just the list/listname directories and their contents).
Presumably the messages are not in qfiles/in (step 8), there is
nothing relevant in Mailman's error, smtp-failure and vette logs (step
7) and there are no locks for the failing lists (step 6).

Do messages get archived in the archives of the failing lists?

Is mail to these lists actually being delivered to Mailman? Presumably
you checked aliases if your MTA uses them (step 2), but have you
checked the MTA's logs to see that the mail is actually delivered to
Mailman?