[Mailman-Users] Permission problem in handling moderator requests; also archive queries

Sekhar Ramakrishnan rr6 at columbia.edu
Thu Sep 6 01:08:03 CEST 2007

Hi:

I have three questions - two general, and one about a particular
problem.

1) Is there a plan to offer a search function for private archives?

2) One of our lists has monthly archives. Is there a way to combine
older archives (more than a year or two old) into yearly archives?

3) I administer a few Mailman lists (version 2.1.9.cp2) on a cPanel X
account that I control as well. I have a problem with the "Tend to
pending moderator requests" page. Everything works normally as long
as I am able to approve, reject, discard, etc on the main adminb page.
But if I click on "view all messages from" to deal with messages from a
single person, I get a page with that person's messages but, whatever I
do, I get an error message, given below.

This is a creeping problem. I saw it first on one list, and I didn't worry
since I was about to delete the list. But for the past few weeks, I have
the problem on my main list.

Before posting this, I set up a new list with just one member and posted
a message big enough to be held up for moderation. I had no problem
clicking on "view all messages from" and disposing of the message. It
didn't matter whether or not the list name had a hyphen, in case that is
relevant.

Thanks in advance.

Sekhar Ramakrishnan

Error message:

Forbidden You don't have permission to access
/mailman/admindb/<list>_<domain> on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at insaf.net Port 80