[Mailman-Users] How to set keyword : field in email?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 26 00:18:15 CEST 2007

Mark Phillips wrote:

>How does one set the Keyword: field in an email so mailman will filter
>the message into the correct topic? I use Evolution as my email client.

You can put topic keywords in actual Keywords: headers or in the
Subject: header or you can put lines that look like Keywords: ...
and/or Subject: ... in the initial lines of the message body preceding
any non-header like lines.

E.g., if the list's topics_bodylines_limit is set to 5, and the first 5
lines of the message body are

the strings 'aa, bb' and 'dd' will be searched with the topic regexps,
but 'ee' will not because the non-header like line 'zzz' stops the
search.

As far as setting an actual Keywords: header with Evolution is
concerned, you'd have to ask where people know Evolution.