[Mailman-Users] qrunner error

Myron Kowalski myron at cs.moravian.edu
Thu Oct 25 21:26:07 CEST 2007

I noticed that messages were not going out to my mailing lists. When
I restarted mailman, this comes up. Any mail sent to the list is
being archived,
but is not going to the members.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
     main()
   File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
     qrunner.run()
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 65, in run
     filecnt = self._oneloop()
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 93, in _oneloop
     msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 156, in
dequeue
     data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
   File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 262, in
_ext_read
     dict = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data

I'm running mailman 2.1.9 and python 2.3.4.

I created a list the other day and that's when I noticed the problem.
I've since
deleted that list, but I still get the same error. I don't believe
that was the problem
anyway.

I found a check_request_db program on the web that seem to suggest an
answer
to my problem, but the program doesn't seem to do anything. I don't
know any python,
so I don't know how to read that program. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

--myron
Myron Kowalski
MoCoSIN Network/Systems Administrator