[Mailman-Users] Customizing Un-Subscribe page and process

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 16 18:59:46 CEST 2007

Blaine Lang wrote:

>I have created a form on our site to post an un-subscribe request to the
>list where we just prompt for the email address. This works except the
>form upon posting returns to the user options page  -
>{site_url}/mailman/options/{list_name}/{email_address}
>
>Is there an option to change this redirect URL so that it would return
>to another URL - preferably on on our site?

No. The only way I know to accomplish what you want is to have your
page be a PHP or CGI process which posts the unsubscribe to Mailman
using wget, direct HTTP communication or whatever would allow the
process to receive the returned output and present an appropriate page
to the user.

See some of the results of
<http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org++inurl%3Amailman++wget>
for more information.