[Mailman-Users] Reply-To and announcement lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 16 17:44:38 CEST 2007

Rick Pasotto wrote:

>I have had several mailing lists setup for quite some time. I've just
>tried to setup an announcement only list by setting all members to
>moderated. I also set the Reply-To to be the person who would be the
>person to answer any questions resulting from the announcement.
>Evidently this means that messages to the list are *not* sent to the
>moderator and the only thing that happens is that the sender gets a
>response saying to mail to the Reply-To address for inclusion in the
>next announcement.

No. The settings 'everyone moderated' and 'reply to address' are not
what's causing this. What causes it is you have set
member_moderated_action to Reject, so posts from a moderated member
are rejected with the member_moderated_notice you've specified.

>Why? This doesn't make sense to me. If all posts are *moderated* then
>the moderator should get the post to approve or deny. N'est-ce pas?

If this is the behavior you want, set member_moderated_action to Hold.