[Mailman-Users] Reply-To and announcement lists

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Tue Oct 16 03:58:07 CEST 2007

I have had several mailing lists setup for quite some time. I've just
tried to setup an announcement only list by setting all members to
moderated. I also set the Reply-To to be the person who would be the
person to answer any questions resulting from the announcement.
Evidently this means that messages to the list are *not* sent to the
moderator and the only thing that happens is that the sender gets a
response saying to mail to the Reply-To address for inclusion in the
next announcement.

Why? This doesn't make sense to me. If all posts are *moderated* then
the moderator should get the post to approve or deny. N'est-ce pas?

--
"Individuality is to be preserved and respected everywhere, as the root
 of everything good." -- Jean Paul Richter, 1803