[Mailman-Users] Preventing spam to list owners

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Oct 1 19:31:39 CEST 2007

On 10/1/07, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>  You may not call that proprietary, but that's precisely the definition
>  of "proprietary" that one arrives at when observing the behavior of
>  non-profit organizations like the IEEE and the ISO.

They are a publisher.  They publish a series of booklets, with real
ISBNs and all.  You can't buy them at Barnes & Noble or on Amazon,
but they're still real, live, dead-tree editions.

This is no different from most other publishers, except they charge
much more reasonable fees for their booklets -- they are a 501c3
non-profit organization, after all.

>                                                       I just think the
>  fact that some rights are reserved should be mentioned when you refer
>  to it.  Since you didn't, I took the liberty of doing so in my own
>  style.<wink>

If I had mentioned a book that I wrote or co-authored, or a book that
I had been technical reviewer of (e.g., 2nd editions of the O'Reilly
books _DNS & BIND_ and _sendmail_) and I provided a link to the
publishers web page for the book, would you have done anything
different?