[Mailman-Users] Preventing spam to list owners

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Oct 1 11:38:56 CEST 2007

Brad Knowles writes:

 > giving them some reasonable protection against loss of revenue due
 > to the material being freely available in an electronic form.

You may not call that proprietary, but that's precisely the definition
of "proprietary" that one arrives at when observing the behavior of
non-profit organizations like the IEEE and the ISO.

I don't have an objection to proprietary material, and undoubtedly
it's well-worth the nominal cost in this case.  I don't even have a
problem with the reference in the context of a forum where most of the
advice is given for free (in any sense you choose).  I just think the
fact that some rights are reserved should be mentioned when you refer
to it.  Since you didn't, I took the liberty of doing so in my own
style.<wink>