[Mailman-Users] Saving a copy of a ML

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 26 23:29:53 CET 2007

Rubén C. Díaz Alonso \"outime\" wrote:

>I'd like to remove one of the mailing list created several months ago
>in mailman.
>
>That mailing list have some documentation about some projects, and I
>think that is not a good idea to delete it without saving a copy for
>use it in a future.

What do you want to save? If you only want to save the archives,
running 'bin/rmlist <listname>' without the -a option will remove the
list but not the archives. The web rmlist also has the option to
remove or not remove the archives (see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.031.htp>).

If you want the archives to be accessible from the web, it's a good
idea to make sure they are set to 'public' before removing the list
since without the list, private archive access can only be
authenticated with the site password.

If you want to save more than the archives, the above FAQ link will
give some information.