[Mailman-Users] ? accessing public archives

lists.mailman-users at duinheks.xs4all.nl lists.mailman-users at duinheks.xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 25 14:23:36 CET 2007

Hallo Mark,

Op zaterdag 24 november 2007 schreef Mark Sapiro aan
lists.mailman-users at duinheks.xs4al:

 >> But when I try to connect to
 >> duinheks.xs4all.nl/pipermail/amc-support I get a "403:
 >> forbidden" error: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not
 >> accessible: /opt/mailman/archives/public/amc-support
 >> What else should I look at?

 MS> The information in the 'warning' box at
 MS> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html>.

This link cannot be found :(
But I think I found what you mean :)

I now configured Mailman with
--prefix=/opt/mailman --with-mail-gid=mailman --with-cgi-gid=www
and all seems to work.
A bit strange, because if I read the entry for --with-cgi-gid
correctly, www should be taken as default.

Another thing I don't understand is this: originally I configure
with
--prefix=/opt/mailman --with-mail-gid=bbs --with-cgi-gid=www
but then Mailman complained because the mail server (postfix) was
running with group mailman instead of bbs.
But postfix does not belong to group mailman...

Groeten,

           Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/071030
 * Origin: MBSE Linux BBS. Made in the Netherlands (2:280/1018)