[Mailman-Users] extracting addresses without a mailman installation?

Cheryl Trooskin-Zoller cheryltrooskinzoller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 07:19:40 CET 2007

The server that hosts my mailman installation is down with hardware
problems, and I'm trying to set up a stop-gap to fill in for a week
until people get back in town & can start fixing things for real.
I've got tape backups; how do I extract email addresses from the
config.db files without a mailman installation?  The answer  I found
in the list archives -- to run "strings" on config.pck -- seems to get
me a jumbled list of subscriber addresses, also-accept-posts-from
addresses, and banned addresses, with no obvious way of telling them
apart.

thx-
cheryl