[Mailman-Users] Email subscribe interface and QP encoding

Rosenbaum, Larry M. rosenbaumlm at ornl.gov
Thu Nov 8 22:44:54 CET 2007

If I send an email from Outlook to the listname-request address with this line:

subscribe address=test2 at ornl.gov

I get back the following result:

Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription request
approval:

    For:  3Dtest2 at ornl.gov

Notice the "3D" in front of the original address.  It looks like Mailman isn't decoding the quoted-printable encoding before parsing the message body.  Why is that?  Should I file a bug report?

(Note: when I sent the message from Outlook, I forced it to "plain text")