[Mailman-Users] How to change the creation of a new list email from the through-the-web interface?

Williams, Paul paul.williams at uwex.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:51:03 CET 2007

We are planning to implement spam blocking as I found in some
postings on the net.

Presenty, when we create a new list it sends an email of the form

The mailing list `xyz' has been created via the through-the-web
interface.  In order to complete the activation of this mailing list,
the
proper /etc/aliases (or equivalent) file must be updated.  The program
`newaliases' may also have to be run.

Here are the entries for the /etc/aliases file:

xyz:              "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman post xyz"
xyz-admin:        "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman admin xyz"
xyz-bounces:      "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman bounces xyz"
xyz-confirm:      "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman confirm xyz"
xyz-join:         "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman join xyz"
xyz-leave:        "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman leave xyz"
xyz-owner:        "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman owner xyz"
xyz-request:      "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman request xyz"
xyz-subscribe:    "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe xyz"
xyz-unsubscribe:  "|/opt/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe xyz"

However, if we are implementing spam processing (I I understand things
properly) then we really need the above lines created to be

xyz:              "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
post xyz"
xyz-admin:        "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
admin xyz"
xyz-bounces:      "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
bounces xyz"
xyz-confirm:      "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
confirm xyz"
xyz-join:         "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
join xyz"
xyz-leave:        "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
leave xyz"
xyz-owner:        "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
owner xyz"
xyz-request:      "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
request xyz"
xyz-subscribe:    "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
subscribe xyz"
xyz-unsubscribe:  "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs/mailman.rc
unsubscribe xyz"

Otherwise it will be necessary to process the aliases entries in some
way,
which I would like to avoid. Can that be automated so it generates the
proper lines in the email output?

Thanks,

paulw