[Mailman-Users] Subject Lines Wrapped After Commas, (Like This?)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed May 23 08:05:36 CEST 2007

Brad Knowles writes:

 > The problem is that the people who can fix this problem are over on
 > the list that Barry identified.  Any discussion anywhere else is not
 > likely to go anywhere, at least not as far as Python & Mailman are
 > concerned.
 >
 > So, get your experts to go have the appropriate discussion over
 > there, or at least talk about the summary of the discussion.

This is not a problem that can be *defined* by experts, who are
generally going to be using conformant, well-behaved software.
Sometimes there will be issues, but they're less likely and Mailman
Users are probably among the most likely to encounter large
collections of users who all use software with the same issue.

Solutions should be proposed and discussed on email-sig, that's the
appropriate place for that.

To all: Please, if you have an issue with Mailman's folding of
headers, bring it up on the email-sig and/or the Python tracker.  I
don't know that something will be done soon, but those are the right
places to collect reports.  For tracker submissions, I suggest the
phrase "email header folding" should be in the summary to make search
easy (you won't find any yet, though).

You can see what's been happening with the email module recently here:

http://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?words=email&sort=artifact_id&sortdir=desc&offset=0&group_id=5470&type_of_search=artifact&pmode=0

To submit a bug report, I think you need to register with Sourceforge.
It's not hard, and AFAICT (I've been registered since the prerelease
trial) it's never been a source of spam or anything like that.