[Mailman-Users] Issues with HTML messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 11 21:31:39 CEST 2007

Jacqui Owenwrote:

>The message is sent to the list and:
>in the post log, shows a failure, shows the failure in the smtp-failure log,
>however the message is archived. No entry in the error log. Once a html
>message is sent to the list- it is broken and will not process plain text
>messages. To fix it we need to remove the message from the retry directory
>and restart mailman.
>

> delivery to username at domain.com.au  failed with code
>-1: Server not connected
>
>Researching this error code shows it is fairly generic. Any help is
>apreciated, let me know if you need further info.

The issue is between Mailman's SMTPDirect delivery module and the MTA
(postfix). Something about the HTML message is causing some issue
which appears to cause postfix to abruptly drop the connection.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.073.htp>
for debugging suggestions. If the information there and referenced
from there doesn't help, let us know and we can offer further
suggestions.