[Mailman-Users] Issues with HTML messages

Jacqui Owen jacqui at spitfire.com.au
Fri May 11 07:28:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have an odd one I hope someone can help with. I run a server with
approximately 15 different mailman mailing lists. Up until very recently
they all handled html messages fine. Now for some reason they do not, even
using html templates which have been previously, successful. Neither
Mailman, postifx or python have been updated in the time between the lists
working and not working.
The content filtering is set to no so should not affect it.
The message is sent to the list and:
in the post log, shows a failure, shows the failure in the smtp-failure log,
however the message is archived. No entry in the error log. Once a html
message is sent to the list- it is broken and will not process plain text
messages. To fix it we need to remove the message from the retry directory
and restart mailman.

 delivery to username at domain.com.au  failed with code
-1: Server not connected

Researching this error code shows it is fairly generic. Any help is
apreciated, let me know if you need further info.

TIA
Jacqui