[Mailman-Users] Counting messages that went to postfix queue

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed May 2 23:22:23 CEST 2007

D G Teed wrote:

>It seems like mailman is the most likely point of failure.  There was a
>python error
>in the error log file for mailman.  Unless we are taking about versions of
>python.
>I'm running 2.3.4 for that (Redhat EL 4).

Have you seen my posts in this thread archived at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-May/056883.html>
and
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-May/056914.html>?
In the latter post, I try to tell you that the error in your Mailman
error log has nothing to do with outgoing mail.

>Unless the python bomb out happened prior to logging the smtp info.

Again, that logged traceback has nothing to do with the message that
was actually delivered to (some of) the 1800 recips.

Please see the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-May/056914.html>
and report the answers to

"Are you using SMTPDirect? Do you have any overrides in mm_cfg.py for
DELIVERY_MODULE, SMTP_LOG_EVERY_MESSAGE or SMTP_LOG_EACH_FAILURE.

Are there any log messages in 'smtp' at all (similar to my example
above)?

Also, note that I have not directly addresses this post to you as I did
my previous two replies, so if you receive this from the list and
didn't receive the prior two directly, you might investigate why you
are blocking mail from me or at least unset 'nodups' in your
mailman-users subscription options.