[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Qmail/Vpopmail

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed May 2 18:53:58 CEST 2007

On 5/2/07, Simon Schuh wrote:

>>>   I'm using ServerAdmin24, it's developed by the German ISP Strato.
>>
>>  In which case, you need to ask your questions of them.
>>
>>  If you didn't install the software yourself, then you need to ask the
>>  people who did.
>>
>  I didn't install it. It was a ready-to-run server. But why should I ask
>  them how to configure Mailman?

Because they may not have followed all of our instructions, or put
things in a different location than we specify.

If you install the software yourself, from the instructions we
provide on our site(s), and you don't use a binary package version
that someone else created, etc... then we're much more likely to help
you.

>  Sorry, I don't understand that connection.

The issue is that it's not clear to me who is responsible for
installing the software on your system, and whether or not it's
already installed but not yet properly configured, etc....

>  Nobody installed Mailman. This is what I'm trying right now. (Like I
>  wrote before)

Okay, I missed that part.  I thought that you'd said that it was
developed by a German ISP, and it wasn't clear to me what you meant
by this.

>  But my Mailman still doesn't work, so I thought I want to try to ask you
>  guys and there are actually people you tried to help me.
>  But if you think, I'm wrong here, tell me and I will not bother you any
>  more.

I don't do qmail, so I doubt I'm going to be able to provide much help.

I was just trying to help you find the right people that you need to
talk to, based on what I could understand of your situation with your
servers and who installed what, etc....

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0