[Mailman-Users] Mailman Postfix and MySQL

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Mar 28 05:54:51 CEST 2007

Info wrote:

> thank you for your reply. I´ve poked around with the options and now i
> think i´m a step further.
> These are the relevant options from main.cf:
>
> alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
> hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> command_directory = /usr/sbin
> config_directory = /etc/postfix
> daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
> debug_peer_level = 7
> fallback_transport = virtual
> home_mailbox = /home/vmail/
> html_directory = no
> inet_interfaces = all
> local_destination_concurrency_limit = 5
> local_destination_recipient_limit = 300
> local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps,
> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf, unix:passwd.byname
> mail_owner = postfix
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop -d "$USER"
> mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
> manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
> mydestination = centos.exampledomain.de, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
> mydomain = exampledomain.de
> myhostname = centos.exampledomain.de
> mynetworks = 10.10.1.0/27, 127.0.0.0/8
> myorigin = $mydomain
> newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
> owner_request_special = no
> queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
> readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10/README_FILES
> recipient_delimiter = +
> sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10/samples
> sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> setgid_group = postdrop
> smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
> smtp_use_tls = yes
> smtpd_enforce_tls = no
> smtpd_etrn_restrictions = reject
> smtpd_helo_required = yes
> permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
> reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
> reject_unauth_destination, reject_unauth_pipelining,
> reject_invalid_hostname, reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
> reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org, reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
> reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
> smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem
> smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.crt
> smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key
> smtpd_tls_loglevel = 2
> smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
> smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
> smtpd_use_tls = yes
> tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
> hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

It doesn't look as if you have multiple domains for Mailman so you don't
need to reference virtual-mailman, and it appears that you may have
added the entire virtual_alias_maps for Mailman. If so, I think you can
remove it.

Caveat: I don't know Postfix.

> virtual_destination_recipient_limit = 1
> virtual_gid_maps = static:1001
> virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail/
> virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
> virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
> virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
> virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
> virtual_transport = maildrop
> virtual_uid_maps = static:1001
>
> and this one from mailman:
>
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = "www.exampledomain2.de"
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = "exampledomain2.de"
>
> When i try to send an email i get the error:
>
> Recipient address rejected:User unknown in virtual mailbox table
>
> The domain exampledomain2.de is already in the mysql table
> When i add the following line to main.cf
>
> mydestination = centos.exampledomain.de, exampledomain2.de,
> localhost.$mydomain, localhost
>
> the message gets send but the following error is logged:
>
> postfix/trivial-rewrite[18195]: warning: do not list domain
> exampledomain2.de in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
>

> postfix/virtual[18269]: fatal: open
> /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf: Permission denied
> Mar 27 20:25:37 centos postfix/master[15551]: warning: process
> /usr/libexec/postfix/virtual pid 18269 exit status 1
>
> now i´m stucked. Can someone give me a hint?

If all your Mailman lists are in the same domain, you don't need any of
the things in section 6.1.2 of the installation manual.