[Mailman-Users] Mailman Postfix and MySQL

Info info at stonebyte.de
Tue Mar 27 22:28:26 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro schrieb:
 > Info wrote:
 >> well, i have a problem integrating mailman with postfix. I manage my
 >> virtual domains and aliases through mysql and a PHP-Frontend.
 >> Mailman is running and i could create the global list "mailman"
 >> So far so good, but how can i use the generated aliases with mysql?
 >

 > You can use a hash for the Mailman aliases even though you use mysql.
 >
 > See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html> - in particular,
 > subsections 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.

Hi Mark,

thank you for your reply. I´ve poked around with the options and now i
think i´m a step further.
These are the relevant options from main.cf:

alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 7
fallback_transport = virtual
home_mailbox = /home/vmail/
html_directory = no
inet_interfaces = all
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 5
local_destination_recipient_limit = 300
local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps,
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf, unix:passwd.byname
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop -d "$USER"
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = centos.exampledomain.de, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
mydomain = exampledomain.de
myhostname = centos.exampledomain.de
mynetworks = 10.10.1.0/27, 127.0.0.0/8
myorigin = $mydomain
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
owner_request_special = no
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.10/README_FILES
recipient_delimiter = +
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtpd_enforce_tls = no
smtpd_etrn_restrictions = reject
smtpd_helo_required = yes
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unauth_destination, reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_invalid_hostname, reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org, reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 2
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtpd_use_tls = yes
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
virtual_destination_recipient_limit = 1
virtual_gid_maps = static:1001
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail/
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
virtual_transport = maildrop
virtual_uid_maps = static:1001

and this one from mailman:

DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = "www.exampledomain2.de"
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = "exampledomain2.de"

When i try to send an email i get the error:

Recipient address rejected:User unknown in virtual mailbox table

The domain exampledomain2.de is already in the mysql table
When i add the following line to main.cf

mydestination = centos.exampledomain.de, exampledomain2.de,
localhost.$mydomain, localhost

the message gets send but the following error is logged:

postfix/trivial-rewrite[18195]: warning: do not list domain
exampledomain2.de in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

postfix/virtual[18269]: fatal: open
/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf: Permission denied
Mar 27 20:25:37 centos postfix/master[15551]: warning: process
/usr/libexec/postfix/virtual pid 18269 exit status 1

now i´m stucked. Can someone give me a hint?
Thank you

Christian