[Mailman-Users] changing banned list members

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:01:08 CET 2007

On 3/21/07, reikiiii at comcast.net <reikiiii at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to this list and to using Mailman. I am stepping in temporarily
> in caring for the list I'm working with, and I have been asked to un-ban a
> member. I don't know the reasons behind this banning, but since I have been
> asked to undo it and subscribe them, I've been trying to find information
> on this. I have not been successful in the FAQs or in the archives.

This all depends on how the member was 'banned'.

Basically, you need to visit the list's admin page (something like
http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/somelist), and check:
(1) Membership Management...: If the user is in this list, make sure
the 'mod' checkbox isn't marked
(2) Privacy Options... > Sender Filters: Make the the user's email
isn't listed in hold_these_nonmembers, reject_these_nonmembers, or
discard_these_nonmembers.
(3) Privacy Options... > Spam filters: Make sure there isn't a pattern
in header_filter_rules or bounce_matching_headers that would match a
message sent by the user.

--
- Patrick Bogen