[Mailman-Users] How can i make a list public so people who arenot subcribed can send a message?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 13 17:58:20 CET 2007

TRON478 wrote:

>hmmm, ok you are right with the spammers :) but my customer wants to open
>the list for everyone. but another question: is it possible to work with
>wildcards or domains like
>
>*@custo.dom
>or
>cuto.dom
>
>so only acceptance is for the domains above?

Not wildcards, but regular expressions. You can put regular expressions
in accept_these_nonmembers. If an entry begins with ^, it is
interpreted as a case insensitive Python regular expression. See
<http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/re-syntax.html> for syntax
details. Your example would be something like

^.*@example\.com$

or perhaps

^.*@(.*\.)?example\.com$

which would accept domains like example.com and mail.example.com but
not myexample.com.

See <http://www.list.org/devs.html>.