[Mailman-Users] Nomail members

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 9 19:07:22 CET 2007

vancleef at lostwells.net wrote:

>These are the hard realities of the Consumer Internet.  The last thing
>my partner and I **need** is a Unix-like encrypted password and having
>to reset passwords as root.

You won't have to do the reset as root or at all, except of course for
those clueless users who insist you do everything for them and have no
need of a password anyway.

The way I envision this is the current 'Remind me' buttion on the user
options login page is replaced by a 'Reset password' button. Clicking
this results in an email along the lines of the current subscription
confirmation email except that it would say that confirmation will
result in the password being changed to ...