[Mailman-Users] Urgent newbie help - "Hit a bug" page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 3 16:45:42 CET 2007

John Fleming wrote:

>list_lists gives me the same error:
>
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin# ./list_lists
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./list_lists", line 122, in ?
>    main()
>  File "./list_lists", line 102, in main
>    longest = max(len(mlist.real_name), longest)
>  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 144, in __getattr__
>    raise AttributeError, name
>AttributeError: real_name
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin#

I might have anticipated that, but oh well.

Replace the line

for list in `/var/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists --bare`

with

for list in `ls /var/lib/mailman/lists`

<snip>

>OK - Comments on the script that is not giving list-specific info?

bin/list_lists runs into the same problem so the script can't run as it
was.

>And, I assume we're still on the same page about the problem:  The list
>overview web page gives an error when trying to view all of the advertised
>lists on -ANY- of my domains (all hosted on the same server) e.g.
>www.one.domain/mailman/.  (As you know, if there are no advertised lists on
>a domain, we should get a nice web page stating that fact - or the
>advertised lists etc.)  If I ask about a -specific- list
>www.one.domain/mailman/listinfo/<listname>, I get the expected web page
>without error.

Right, but the first thing the listinfo overview does is look at every
list to figure out which of those lists are advertised and in the
current domain. In the process of looking at every list, it hits one
without an advertised attribute.