[Mailman-Users] Nested groups problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 1 17:03:27 CET 2007

Chris Rogers wrote:

>Have anyone had problems with nesting email groups in Mailman? The
>reason I am using nested groups is that I work in a very transient
>community where we have about 10 email lists and on occasion we need to
>send a message to all those lists. About every third email sent to an
>all-users at somewhere.com crashes my server. There are not messages in any
>of the server logs to help diagnose the problem.

I suggest looking in Mailman's 'post' and 'smtp' and perhaps
'smtp-failure' logs to see if the message is processed through the
super-list and all the subordinates. Also look in the MTA logs to see
what got to the MTA and what it is doing with it.

I suspect this is not a Mailman issue, but rather the volume of
outgoing mail is triggering something else.