[Mailman-Users] post formatting and timing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 29 05:18:47 CEST 2007

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> I think something else is going on, besides just the <LF> only line
> ending.  I'm using two versions of T-Bird, 1.5 and 2.0 something, and
> both display the message concerned the same way, all crammed together on
> a single line.  I think there must be some encoding issue.  It probably
> is some configuration issue with T-Bird, but I've not been able to find it.

I can't find any relevant configuration setting in T-Bird, and I don't
see the problem in T-Bird 2.0.0.4 with a utf-8 charset base64 encoded
message I received through a test list. The message contained the following
This should be a unicode encoded message.

Throw in a few “funny” chars

To get encoding
The lines of dashes are separate lines and in between are a line of
text, an empty line, a second line of text, a second empty line and a
third line of text. I'm sending this in utf-8 charset (I hope), and it
should come from the list encoded base64, and I expect it will display
as described in my T-Bird 2.0.0.4. What do you see?