[Mailman-Users] post formatting and timing

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Wed Jun 27 02:39:18 CEST 2007

Hi All--

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I don't know if there is a standard that says your MUA 'should'
> recognize a single <LF> in the decoded text as a line break, but of
> five MUA's I just tried, four - Ultrafunk Popcorn 1.76, Mozilla
> Thunderbird 2.0.0.4, MS Outlook Express 6 and Mutt 1.4.2.1i - all
> rendered <LF> in the decoded text as a line break. The fifth -
> Qualcomm Eudora 5.2 (very old) - didn't decode the base64 encoded text
> at all, it just displayed the raw base64 encoded data.

I think something else is going on, besides just the <LF> only line
ending.  I'm using two versions of T-Bird, 1.5 and 2.0 something, and
both display the message concerned the same way, all crammed together on
a single line.  I think there must be some encoding issue.  It probably
is some configuration issue with T-Bird, but I've not been able to find it.

Metta,
Ivan

--
Ivan Van Laningham