[Mailman-Users] problem creating new list on the web - Unkown Virtual Host

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 23:02:51 CEST 2007

When I create a list via the web, I get the dreaded 'Unknown Virtual
Host mailinglists.state.or.us' message.

I consulted the FAQ, but I couldn't see what was wrong:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.036.htp

I didn't configure the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST during
the configuration of Mailman, so I added them to mm_cfg.py and
restarted mailman. My entry looks like this:

#Virtual Host and Email Host
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mailinglists.state.or.us'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailinglists.state.or.us'

Other list admin functions from the web work and I can create lists
from the command line.

Any tips on what to look for?

--
Christopher Adams