[Mailman-Users] Bounced messages with Mailman 2.1 and Postfix 2.5Virtual Mailboxes

Jennifer Redman jenred at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 02:15:13 CEST 2007

> Try
>
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
>
> You may need to run postalias after making this change.

Ok tried this approach. Same error.  I was actually following the
instructions from 6.1.2 Virtual Domains with the original
configuration....Thank you very much for the suggestion though.

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>

> I think I may have the above memorized at this point ;>.

I believe the problem is something to do with the virtual mailbox setup.
Postfix instructions are here:

http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html

"There is one major limitation: virtual aliases and virtual mailboxes can't
directly deliver to mailing list managers such as majordomo. The solution is
to set up virtual aliases that direct virtual addresses to the local
delivery agent:

/etc/postfix/main.cf <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html>:
    virtual_alias_maps
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps> =
hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

/etc/postfix/virtual <http://www.postfix.org/virtual.8.html>:
    listname-request at example.com listname-request
    listname at example.com         listname
    owner-listname at example.com   owner-listname

/etc/aliases:
    listname: "|/some/where/majordomo/wrapper ..."
    owner-listname: ...
    listname-request: ...

"

I believe the above example is for Majordomo -- having trouble translating
for Mailman.  Any ideas?