[Mailman-Users] How do I change the footer and owner email address?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 2 01:14:02 CEST 2007

Me Myself wrote:

>I'm using cpanel and RHL.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

>The URL at the bottom of the mailman mailings (that's supposed to go to our
>mailman page) is incorrect and produces a 404.

You might be able to adjust this by editing msg_footer on the admin
Non-digest options page and digest_footer on the admin Digest options
page.

You might be able to set new list defaults for these with the mm_cfg.py
settings DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER and DEFAULT_DIGEST_FOOTER.

>Emails also that are
>supposed to go to mailman-owner are going to our web host postmaster
>instead.

If you can access the admin interface for the 'mailman' list and its
'owner' is not the postmaster address, then this is probably a cPanel
feature.