[Mailman-Users] Missing reject message

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 30 23:16:48 CEST 2007

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

>I have two lists on one mailman server. Due to recent spam influx I've
>set them to automatically reject posts from nonmembers
>(generic_non-member_action is reject). But for one of the lists
>rejection messages are sent, but not for the other. Any clues on what I
>might be happening?

Are the messages being held for some reason?

If the message is not held and not posted to the list, it must be
rejected or discarded. Check Mailman's vette log. If the message is
discarded (or held), there will be an entry in the vette log. If there
is no such entry, and the message didn't reach the list, it must have
been rejected and a notice should have been sent to the sender. If
this is not happening, I don't know why.

You can also check Mailman's error log to be sure there wasn't a
processing error of some sort causing the message to be shunted.