[Mailman-Users] grouping users?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 27 18:22:33 CEST 2007

Gerardo Herzig wrote:

>Hi all. Here is the situation: We have one list who have ppl who speak 4
>diff languages. I wonder if there is a method to `group' those members
>by "native language" in order to send a different email for each of this
>groups. Mi common sense says 'off course you cant, you idiot, make 4
>differents lists!', but...you never know....

I think four lists might be the better solution, but you could do
something with topics. You could define a topic for each language and
the users could choose to subscribe to only one or two language topics
and either receive or not receive messages that don't match any topic.

Then if posters would put the topic keyword for the language in the
Subject: or on a Keywords: header or in a Keywords: initial body line,
the post would only go to those members who've subscribed to that
topic.