[Mailman-Users] Looping Moderator Approval Requests / Mailman&Exim

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Jul 27 10:43:10 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> This is the problem. Exim is piping mail to listname-owner at example.com
> to "| /path/to/mail/mailman/ post listname" and it should be piped to
> "| /path/to/mail/mailman/ owner listname".

But surely, that would affect a single separate e-mail sent directly to
list-owner@ ? If I send to that address, delivery succeeds to the
correct recipients.

> It is an exim configuration problem.

Still possible, but I'm having trouble seeing how.

> Exim is normally configured with a router and transport for Mailman so
> aliases are not needed, but the router and transport have to be
> correctly configured.
> See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp>
> for pointers to exim's documentation on setting this up.

I do seem to have it all set up correctly, but feel free to correct me:

<snip>
MM_HOME=/usr/lib/mailman
MM_UID=mailman
MM_GID=mailman
domainlist mm_domains=company.com
MM_WRAP=MM_HOME/mail/mailman
MM_LISTCHK=/var/lib/mailman/lists/${lc::$local_part}/config.pck
<snip>
mailman_router:
   driver = accept
   domains = +mm_domains
   require_files = MM_LISTCHK
   local_part_suffix_optional
   local_part_suffix = -admin     : \
     -bounces   : -bounces+* : \
     -confirm   : -confirm+* : \
     -join      : -leave     : \
     -owner     : -request   : \
     -subscribe : -unsubscribe
   transport = mailman_transport
<snip>
mailman_transport:
   driver = pipe
   command = MM_WRAP \
             '${if def:local_part_suffix \
                   {${sg{$local_part_suffix}{-(\\w+)(\\+.*)?}{\$1}}} \
                   {post}}' \
             $local_part
   current_directory = MM_HOME
   home_directory = MM_HOME
   user = MM_UID
   group = MM_GID
<snip>
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com