[Mailman-Users] Administrivia Checks

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Jul 16 18:10:29 CEST 2007

I am converting most of our Majordomo lists to Mailman.  After I
converted one list, the list administrator sent the command

     who LISTNAME

to the converted list.  It was not caught as administrivia.  In the
2.1.9 source Utils.py, I see

ADMINDATA = {
    # admin keyword: (minimum #args, maximum #args)
    'who':         (0, 0),

Is there a reason why the max #args for "who" is not set to 1 or 2 to
catch these commands?

     who password listname
     who listname
     who listname address=<address>

Is it because the revised code would catch this (and similar) lines:

     Who is it?

Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov