[Mailman-Users] AOL's "Client TOS Notification"

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Sat Jul 14 18:01:47 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:00:56 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt
<Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> wrote:
> * Rick Pasotto <rick at niof.net>:
>
>> I have recently been getting some of these from one of my mailing lists.
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of AOL retards.
>
>> There is nothing in it (that I've been able to see) that would tell me
>> who the user is that is rejecting the email. There are several AOL
>> addresses subscribed but only one rejection each time a mailing goes
> out.
>
> Do you use VERP to send out the mails? If you do that you can see who
> the culprit is.
What I do is I open the email headers and look for message ID. Then, based
on the email date, I grep the appropriate log and find out the .... ok
never mind, let's behave... ;)

But beware... I recently wrote to two subscribers that we have been sending
free content to, and as kindly as possible, I wrote that clicking spam
makes it very difficult for us and other AOL users to send/receive the
content. I also notified them that I unsubscribed them. As you can imagine,
I got spam complaint one more time and actually got blocked by that! I had
to file an AOL whitelist petition again.

Warm regards,
Zbigniew Szalbot