[Mailman-Users] HELPPPPPPPP !!!

balligho khillo100 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 03:29:18 CEST 2007

hello all..

after warmn wlecomes I would like to say : PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP !

I have purchased a dedicated server from godaddy.com, celeron 2000 1 GB Ram
bla bla bla .. I bought this server to host my mailing list on which has
over 45,000 subscribers which should be no problem because I'm allowed to
send 100,000 messages per day .. only me post a small daily newsletter to
the members..

well they kinda automatically install the mailman mailing list manager using
the server's control panel, after installing, configuration, uploading
members, all is well.. then I post to the list .. I have added like 5 or 6
test email accounts @yahoo and @gmail and @hotmail n others to test if
mailman will deliver to these addresses or not ..

now I'm completely blind.. the damn thing has noooooooo kind of status
report, delivery queue... etc nothing !!! I have checked all the test
account and didn't find my message except in 1 of them .. yet I keep
recieving some messages to my administrator email that mailman caught
bounces it couldn't resolve so I figured out it's still sending ..

my question is: DOES MAILMAN TAKE OVER A DAY TO SEND TO 45,000 PEOPLE  ON A
SERVER WITH ULTRA HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION?? I used to send the daily
newsletter using a small script I did in microsoft outlook to automatically
compose messages and send them n it didn't take over 5 hours each day on my
stupid computer with bad internet connection .. and how the heck I can track
what mailman's doing?? or if it delivered to all subscribers or not??

please help ...

Thanks..