[Mailman-Users] virtual domain setup with postfix

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 30 19:35:36 CET 2007

Paul Fox wrote:

>in that vein -- i never saw any yea or nay on the minor doc
>addition i submitted on a related aspect of lists at virtual
>domains.  at the time i thought i might have sent the change to
>the wrong place (i.e.  the users', not the developers' list) but
>now i'm just wondering if it fell through the cracks:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg43083.html

It's in my inbox. I haven't had time to do anything with it, but I at
least have seen it. That said, it is probably better to post something
like this to the patch tracker
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103>, or if you
think it needs discussion first, to the mailman-developers.

>p.s. the searchable archives at mail-archive.com are nice, but they'd
>be a _lot_ more useful if they didn't obscure anything that looked
>like an email address.  text describing mailman and postfix config
>is rendered practically useless because of it.  at the least, they
>shouldn't obscure any address ending in ".tld" or "example.com".  ;-/

Of course, we don't control mail-archive.com. It is our 'official'
searchable archive (although google with site:mail.python.org
inurl:mailman works pretty well), but if we ever get archive search
integrated in Mailman OOTB, we might drop it.