[Mailman-Users] Moving lists

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Jan 29 22:57:04 CET 2007

Patrick,

The problem with the old server is that it won't accept mail for
Mailman. Something about my last attempt to upgrade Mailman there broke
it. I'm putting this function on a new server because I just don't have
time to figure out the problem on the old one, and the new one has
enough horsepower to run the lists along with its other tasks, thus
letting me run one less server.

However, the same reason I want to move the list means that I can't use
the "who <password> command via mail to get the list. Certainly the data
is in a file somewhere.

Van

Patrick Bogen wrote:

> On 1/29/07, G. Armour Van Horn <vanhorn at whidbey.com> wrote:
>
>> So, where do I dig up the membership list, and how do I deal with all
>> the old URLs?
>

> FAQ 3.4
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.004.htp>
> should help with this. Let us know if you still have issues.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/