[Mailman-Users] Moving lists between virtual domains.

Orlando Reis reis.orlando at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:23:55 CET 2007

Hi all, athough this question as been posted in the past and I have searched
and searched the mailing list I haven't found a simple a and clear solution
to the problem.

I have my default mailman URL at www.mainhost.com
And have several other vhosts added

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['vhost1.org', vhost1.eu' ,'vhost2.org', '
vhost2.eu','vhost3.eu']
#add virtual hosts
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
add_virtualhost('www.vhost1.org', 'vhost1.org')
add_virtualhost('www.vhost1.eu','vhost1.eu')
add_virtualhost('www.vhost2.org', 'vhost2.org')
add_virtualhost('www.vhost2.eu','vhost2.eu')
add_virtualhost('www.vhost3.eu','vhost3.eu')
add_virtualhost('www.mainhost.com','mainhost.com')

I have lists on all domains

What I wan't to do is move a list from vhost1.org to vhost1.eu. Is there any
howto on how to do this.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp

Is not very excplicit on how to do this, hence I don't think it is the same
thing.

image that i have the following lists: list_all, list_member,
list_workproj1, list_workproj2

If I issue the fix_url command

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url list_all --urlhost=http://www.vhost1.eu

That will change the url for the list configuration, but I will also have to
rebuild the archives?

Thanks in advance
Orlando