[Mailman-Users] and postfix

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Fri Jan 19 04:41:50 CET 2007

On 1/18/07 6:35 PM, Gustavo U. Navarro at gus at clacso.edu.ar wrote:

> Postfix is run ok but when run with mailman said one error
>
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table..

To have mailman work with postfix, all the mailman addresses need to be in
the Postfix alias file. That is:

> main.cf
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases

So far so good maybe. Are you manually putting the aliases in /etc/aliases?
But better would be to let mailman take care of it for you. But for that to
happen, instead of

> in mm_cfg.py
> MTA = None # No MTA alias processing required

You need:
MTA = 'Postfix'

And then you need to tell Postfix where they are. In my postfix main.cf, I
have:
# Needed for Mailman
alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/aliases,
 hash:/path_to_mailman/data/aliases