[Mailman-Users] and postfix

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 19 02:14:26 CET 2007

Gustavo U. Navarro wrote:

>Mark
>Could you help me!!!

No, I can't. I know very little about Postfix. I saw your original post
and did not reply because I don't know what the problem is.

This would appear to be a problem somewhere in the Postfix
configuration. I doubt the mail is even getting to the
postfix-to-mailman.py script.

You need to contact a Postfix list or possibly the author of
postfix-to-mailman.py or possibly Debian or Ubuntu if this is a Debian
or Ubuntu package.

You may also be interested in
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-December/055103.html>

>master.cf
>
>I put in the file
>
>Configuracion para mailman
>
>   mailman unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>     flags=FR user=list

the comments in postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py say the above line should be

      flags=FR user=mailman:mailman

>From this I gather that user= specifies a user and group under which to
run the pipe below. This almost certainly needs to be the mailman user
and group (which may be 'list' in your case, but maybe not).