[Mailman-Users] Mailman Update...

maillists lists at gmnet.net
Tue Jan 16 23:24:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I am about to do an update from Mailman 2.1.1 to 2.1.9

This is on an older RedHat 9 box.
My Python version is 2.2.2
I believe that Mailman is installed via RPM.
when I run "rpm qa |grep mailman" I get the following:
mailman-2.1.1-5

My mailman "home" directory is /var/mailman
I also have files in /var/log/mailman, /var/spool/mailman/

I basically have some questions and need moral support before I do
this...

I have lots of files in:
/var/mailman/qfiles/shunt/ ans also /var/mailman/qfiles/bad/
What should I do with these?
Were these old email messages that were never delivered?
(I did have a problem with one of my lists not sending mail...)

I downloaded the tarball of 2.1.9. the UPGRADE file said that the
"upgrade" script would automatically run. Does this mean tht I should
just do the ./configure thing as if this is a new install?  Does this
take care of everything?

Finally is there anything that I should watch out for, or does anybody
see if I might be heading for disaster?

Thanks!
rick