[Mailman-Users] getting correct alias domain in message headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 10 17:44:55 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>I am not an MTA expert, and even if I were, you haven't told me what
>the MTA is, so I can't help further. This is a question for your MTA
>support resources.

In a brief, off-list exchange, Hank wrote the following:

Anyway, I thought I'd post the "fix" for sendmail for the benefit of the
next guy (or gal) to ask the question about making the headers come out
right on a domain alias with sendmail.  Actually, it's spelled out
under
in detail 4.8.16, pp. 181-182 of the O'Reilly Sendmail "bat book."

MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.net')dnl
FEATURE(`limited_masquerade')dnl
LOCAL_DOMAIN(`mydomain.net otherdomain.com')dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`mydomain.net')dnl

That works as long as "otherdomain.com" is in the $=w table as a
canonical name.