[Mailman-Users] Error during upgrade/migration

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 3 02:11:01 CET 2007

Camden Daily wrote:

>If I create a
>new list, it shows up in the same place as my old list data, so I
>think it's pointing to the right place, but it's just not finding the
>old lists.

Are you saying that you create a new list and it creates a directory at
path/to/lists/new_list_name/ containing amomg other files, a
config.pck file, and that you have some path/to/lists/old_list_name/
directories with config.pck files, and the new_list_name is listed by
bin/list_lists, but the old_list_name is not?

>I read about the move_list command, which seems to be deprecated.  I
>tried doing withlist -l -r list-name, as well, but I would always get
>back the following error:

Presumably you actually ran

  withlist -l -r fix_url list-name

>Importing fix_url...
>Running fix_url.fix_url()...
>Unknown list: list-name

withlist doesn't find the list 'list-name'

>Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist", line 297, in ?
>   main()
> File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist", line 275, in main
>   r = do_list(listname, args, func)
> File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist", line 201, in do_list
>   return func(m, *args)
> File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/fix_url.py", line 81, in fix_url
>   mlist.web_page_url = web_page_url
>AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'web_page_url'

The above is really a bug in withlist in that it tries to run the
callable script (fix_url in this case) even though it failed to load
the list.

All of the above say there is not a lists/list-name/config.pck file in
the place mailman is looking for it.