[Mailman-Users] Error during upgrade/migration

Camden Daily cdaily at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 01:27:20 CET 2007

Hello all.  I just took over a job where I have to admin a mailman
server that died over the weekend.  I have all the files, so I thought
I'd just roll a new server and upgrade to the latest version.  I'm
going from version 2.1.4 to 2.1.9.

After installing mailman from yum on Fedora 5, I added
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, DEFAULT_URL_HOST to mm_cfg.py, and set the
VAR_PREFIX to point to a  folder containing my old data, lists,
archive, and spam folders.

I ran check_perms -f, which set all the old list data to the correct
mailman group.  However, I can't seem to see the lists in my mailman
setup anywhere.  If I run list_lists, I get no results.  If I create a
new list, it shows up in the same place as my old list data, so I
think it's pointing to the right place, but it's just not finding the
old lists.

I read about the move_list command, which seems to be deprecated.  I
tried doing withlist -l -r list-name, as well, but I would always get
back the following error:

Importing fix_url...
Running fix_url.fix_url()...
Unknown list: list-name
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist", line 297, in ?
   main()
 File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist", line 275, in main
   r = do_list(listname, args, func)
 File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist", line 201, in do_list
   return func(m, *args)
 File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/fix_url.py", line 81, in fix_url
   mlist.web_page_url = web_page_url
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'web_page_url'

Been pretty stuck at this point for awhile now.  Any guidance would be
appreciated.