[Mailman-Users] Possible to forward bounces from mass invitation?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 22 20:37:18 CET 2007

Carter Braxton wrote:

>I'm running mailman 2.1.5 on a Ubuntu 6.0.1 server, and am going to do
>an initial mass invitation to the mailing list. Is there a way to have
>any invitations that bounce be forwarded to the list owner? (If not the
>bounces can always be culled from the postfix log, but it would be nice
>if there were a way to have them forwarded automatically.) I didn't
>see anything obvious in the bounce settings that would provide this
>functionality.

Upon first glance, it would seem you might be able to do this by
setting all the bounce notifications On and setting
bounce_score_threshold to 1.0 before sending the invitations, but this
won't work because the received bounces (at least the recognized ones)
will be for addresses which aren't yet member addresses, so they will
be ignored.

I think you're stuck with MTA logs or with setting and alias like

listname-bounces: listname-owner

temporarily until the bounces have been received.