[Mailman-Users] postfix virtual domain problem

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 15:52:52 CET 2007

On 2/21/07, Rich <rich at edj.net> wrote:
> Yes I have read the other threads and the setup procedure in the manual
> and tried other suggested setups too. I see the list archives show up
> yet no mail ever gets delivered. It always gets stopped on delivery.
> In /var/log/mailman/smtp-failure I see:
>
> delivery to user at host failed with code -1:(111, Connection Refused)

This seems to indicate that mailman can't talk to the SMTP server that
it's supposed to used to send mail. What is the setting of
DELIVERY_MODULE? ('SMTPDirect' on my system). How about SMTPHOST? If
you haven't overwritten these in mm_cfg.py, the defaults of SMTPDirect
and '0' should be set, which means to use the default from Smtplib.

I believe this is going to be 'localhost'; if this isn't right for
your system, you need to set these things in mm_cfg.py.

--
- Patrick Bogen