[Mailman-Users] Moderated message missing top lines

Glen Page glen.page at thet.net
Fri Feb 16 18:26:12 CET 2007

She is one of a very few that area allowed to post to this list. The
list is set to always accept messages from her. I don't think she
knows anything about putting Approve in the body.
not a big problem.. just a minor annoyance.

On Feb 16, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Glen Page wrote:
>>
>> Moderator is CREATING the message in the mail client. This a an
>> announce list so she is one of the only ones allowed to post to it. I
>> suspect that she might be using cut and paste to paste MS Word
>> content into the messages. I will tell her to just try adding a few
>> carriage returns.
>

> Is she using an Approved: line in the body to get the post accepted?
> There may be an issue around that, particularly if the 'missing' lines
> are missing from an HTML alternative part?
>
> If she is not using an Approved: line, then I don't know what Mailman
> might be doing to the message that would require adding empty line(s)
> to the beginning.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Glen Page
Technology Systems Administrator
ThetNet

If you want a language that tries to lock up all the sharp objects
and fire-making implements, use Pascal or Ada: the Nerf languages,
harmless fun for children of all ages, and they won't mar the furniture.

-Scott Fahlman