[Mailman-Users] accept_these_nonmembers not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 16 20:27:57 CET 2007

Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

>Since then, every time she posts, her messages still get held for
>moderation.  I have the option to let them go through, which I do, but now
>there is no way to check an option for auto processing.  It's simply
>missing.

Because her address is already in a *_these_nonmembers filter. Assuming
she is in accept_these_nonmembers and not hold_these_nonmembers, her
post is being held for some other reason.

(Actually, that may not be the reason in this case - see below).

>I realize that I could ask her to subscribe with her posting address and
>then disable mail delivery.  But that seems rather roundabout.

She may already be subscribed.

>Note that the address the moderation request thinks she is sending from
>does exactly match the one in accept_these_nonmembers.  And the reason for
>moderation is given as: Post to moderated list.
>
>Here is the moderation information I'm given, with her personal information
>edited:
>
>From: <subscriber's address>
>
>Action to take on all these held messages:
>   Defer          Accept	    Reject	   Discard
>
> Preserve messages for the site administrator
> Forward messages (individually) to:

Here's where I'm confused (thank you Sonic). The reason "Post to
moderated list" says this is a post from a member whose moderate flag
is set. That's the only source of that reason. But, in that case, at
this point, there should be a "Clear this member's moderate flag"
checkbox, so I don't know what's going on.

Check your membership list to see if she is a moderated member.